Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

To Forgive- 1

For = on behalf of/Give = surrender
Forgiveness is a necessary and humbling,yet cleansing spiritual exercise.To forgive, it is first necessary to examine my own heart, 
not the heart of the neighbor or brother Jesus requires my soul to forgive. A review of the Ten Commandments, as found in Exodus 20:2-17,  is a beautiful scriptural guide. The good counsel of a holy priest is, as well, a blessed gift. This helps to develop a spiritually sound conscience~or, as we say in Catholic "lingo", a well formed conscience. Without indulging in "scrupulosity", 
which is so often self pity in disguise, thoughts, motives, words and actions must be as clear as the clear water coursing over the river's stones.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
1) I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not have strange gods before me.
2) Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
3) Thou shalt keep holy the Lord's day.
4) Honor thy father and thy mother.
5) Thou shalt not kill.
6) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
7) Thou shalt not steal.
8) Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
9) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.
10) Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods.


Praises be to Jesus forever! 
May the Holy Spirit of our Lord assist me, as, on behalf of the salvation of my soul and the soul of my neighbor, I surrender to our Eternal Father's Holy Will.
May my every motive, thought, word and action glorify our Almighty Father.
May I imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary as I heartily strive to obey our Savior Jesus Christ.