Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

To Forgive- 2

Years ago, I purchased a plaque at a yard sale.
 Engraved upon it was the following dicho (saying):
"Engullimos de un sorbo
(We gobble in one gulp)
La mentira que nos adula
(The lie that flatters us)
Y bebemos gota a gota
(And we drink drop by drop)
La verdad que nos amarga
(The truth which embitters/offends us)"
For = on behalf of/Give = surrender
     The only way out of the darkness of self deception is to allow the light of Christ to illuminate the soul. It is a matter of urgency not to cloud reality of one's own sinfulness with idle mental dialogues or excuses. 
     The sacrament of Reconciliation is a beautiful, healing gift from The Almighty. Nothing less than complete honesty can prepare the heart to receive this sacrament which was instituted by our Savior Jesus Christ. Praises be to our Heavenly Father for our holy priests/confessors, who serve "in persona Cristi". The graces bestowed upon the penitent are immeasurable.
     Unrestrained willingness to pray and live out the act of contrition, is essential. The heart cannot truly forgive while measuring the actions of others through the haze of one's own sinfulness.  The lies one tells the self are the most virulent. Acknowledging one's own sinfulness is the only path to experiencing the sweet forgiveness of Jesus. Joyfully forgiving one's neighbor is a Holy and sacrificial imitation of Jesus.
     Jesus lovingly suffered and died for all who desire His salvation. The act of forgiveness miraculously opens my neighbor's heart, and mine, to the Divine Love and Mercy of Jesus.
ACT OF CONTRITION
O my God I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee.
And I detest all my sins
because of Thy just punishments:
because I dread the loss of Heaven
and fear the pains of hell.
But most of all, because I have offended Thee, my Lord
Who art all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace
To sin no more
To confess my sins
To do my penance
To amend my life
And to avoid the near occasions of sin.
AMEN


Praises be to Jesus forever!
May the Holy Spirit of our Lord assist me, as, on behalf of the salvation of my soul and the soul of my neighbor, I surrender to our Eternal Father's Holy Will.
May my every motive, thought, word and action glorify our Almighty Father.
May I imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary as I 
heartily strive to obey our Savior Jesus Christ.


Previous Post~To Forgive 1 and Next Post~To Forgive 3

En Los Corazones de Jesús y María