Translate

Monday, September 3, 2012

To Forgive - 7

     Jesus has blessed us with so many beautiful examples of His sweet forgiveness: Saint Matthew, the woman at the well, the good thief, the woman caught in adultery, Saint Peter, Mary Magdalene...and all of us.
     Unwillingness to forgive is so tragic! 
     The unforgiving heart distorts the beautiful life God has sculpted, blurring the perception of His miracles born from each tragedy. In the unforgiving state of mind, it is too easy to forget how magnificent is God's love. The most self destructive evil of the unforgiving heart is vengeance. We are commanded by Jesus to return good for evil. Sincere prayers for the happiness and well being of our neighbor and brother have immeasurably miraculous results in the lives of both the forgiver and forgiven. On behalf of all sinners, Jesus surrendered His life to the will of is Heavenly Father. He wants us to do the same.
     It would be easy to embitter my soul with a refusal to forgive. Some of my life "plans" did not work out. However, the interpersonal, health and financial failures that our Almighty Father allowed in my life have been magnificent compost for the love filled, fabulous, colorful, delightful and musical garden that is my life today. 
For = on behalf of/ Give = surrender  
     What has been the result of surrendering to the Lord and accepting His will? In my life, acceptance of His perfect and holy will has resulted in the Lord blessing our little family with countless miracles that we never dreamed possible. So much good has been given to us by "Papa Dios", our dear Heavenly Father. If I wrote it all down, I would be overcome with rejoicing at the number of pages of happiness that are the story of our family.
     The Lord daily blesses our family. He has planted our "querida familia" in the midst of wonderful caring friends. We pray, work and enjoy many happy times together. His Holy Spirit guides and comforts us through every interpersonal, health and financial challenge. With every loss, He has caused new life to blossom. Prayerfully loving Jesus is the center of our family life. Everything else just flows from there. Although there have been some terrifying twists and turns, we are always assured of His love because:
The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing. 
He hath set me in a place of pasture. 
He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment.
He hath converted my soul. 
He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake.
For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. 
Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me. 
Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. 
Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it! 
And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life.
And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.(From Douay Rheims Roman Catholic Bible Psalm 22(23) )

Praises be to Jesus forever! 
May the Holy Spirit of our Lord assist me, as, on behalf of the salvation of my soul and the soul of my neighbor, I surrender to our Eternal Father's Holy Will.
May my every motive, thought, word and action glorify our Almighty Father.
May I imitate the Blessed Virgin Mary as I heartily strive to obey our Savior Jesus Christ.


Previous Post~To Forgive 6 and First Post~To Forgive 1
En Los Corazones de Jesús y María